Monday, March 9, 2009

Log of the Week of March 2

The beginning of this week was also the beginning of a new month with promises of spring right around the corner. It was not to be and early spring though, and this past week we gained another six or so more inches of snow. This made driving to and from the Valley less than favorable and there were more bad drivers on the road than usual. On one return home form Anchorage, I actually counted two dozen cars off the highway and about one fourth of them were on their roofs.

Despite the winter driving conditions, I was able to get out and visit a couple of our Lodges. On Monday, I attended the stated meeting of Eagle River Lodge No. 13 and was very impressed by their very capable young Worshipful Master. At 24 years old, I believe WB Nick Choromanski is the youngest Worshipful Master in the history of the Grand Lodge of Alaska. Nick is full of energy and has his lodge involved in several community projects including scholarships, helping hands committees, school sponsorship, highway clean-up, and community parades and festivals. He is certainly carrying the light of Masonry out into his community.

Tuesday evening found me attending the stated meeting of my mother lodge, Matanuska Lodge No. 7 in Palmer. It was great to be at home with my brethren and enjoy good food and good fellowship.

On Friday and Saturday I attended the annual sessions of the Grand York Rite Masons of Alaska at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel. I truly enjoyed the ceremonies and all of the courtesies extended to me. On Friday afternoon however, I was found to be improperly clothed and made to participate in a “Suspension” Ceremony with several other Companions present. This was a very special event and something I will long remember. See separate posting for more on the annual sessions of the Alaska Grand York Rite.

On Saturday, Beth and I also attended the 42nd Installation of Officers of Waheed Court No. 81, Ladies Oriental Shrine. Lady Robin Hasty was installed as High Priestess by Lady Clementine Witsoe, Past Grand High Priestess of Ladies Oriental Shrine. This was my first opportunity to witness a LOS installation and I learned what “Inviting” Ladies they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment